Sunday, August 28, 2011

Security.


First of all, let me give you a little background about myself. I am a 23-going-to-be-24-in-less-than-three-months, southern-by-the-Grace-of-God, woman-who-likes-to-hyphenate. I am single. This is the important part.
I was on the way home from church this morning, and I realized that if Jesus wants to keep me to Himself for the rest of my life, if I’m to be single the rest of my life, that’s ok with me. It was definitely an interesting thought for me to have, seeing as how I have been praying for the man that God wants for me, for what-seems-like-but-probably-isn’t-on-the-scale-of-things-that-are-a-while a while. I hope you got that; I did say I like to hyphenate. That’s just how my brain works. 
This thought was interesting more so because I LOVE MEN. I love man things; football (number one for a reason), golf, baseball, Nascar, March Madness (love picking my brackets! Basketball in itself is just ok), fishing, shooting guns, drinking beer (not in excess anymore), cars, muscle cars, working on cars, going to car shows, driving a stick shift, going to Bass Pro, camping, kayaking, rock climbing, the list goes on I’m sure. And because I love man things, I have a lot in common with a lot of guys. I have dated a LOT of guys. Let me also say I’m over dating, I hate it. Dating sucks. Buy anyway, this has helped me over the years figure out what I want in a man. The number one thing now is that he HAS TO BE A MAN OF GOD, and let me also say, it seems like all the hot men of God are already married. But getting back to my point, I realized a while ago that even though I know what I want in a man, the one thing I think every woman wants out of a relationship with a guy is a sense of security.
We all have an idea, I think, of what women want, but at the end of the day, every woman wants to know that a man will be there for her, no matter what. Till death do us part. I’ll admit, I want this too. Yes, I want to get married, and it seems like I’ll NEVER meet anyone, and it’s frustrating sometimes. It’s like Charlotte says in Sex and the City, “I’ve been dating since I was 15, I’m exhausted, where is he?!?!!”
Now add God to this tired-of-being-single existence. This is when I realized that the reason I am ok with being alone is because Jesus is not only everything I need, but He is my security. If we are to trust Him with our lives, everything else just doesn’t matter. It took me a LONG TIME to get to this point. I dated too many guys and some of them were really great, and some REALLY WEREN’T, bless their hearts, lol. The last guy I talked to would have been exactly what I was looking for, had I not fallen in love with Jesus, again. Jesus makes everything better because He is ALWAYS there when I need Him, like no man could ever be. The Bible says in Isaiah 26:3,4, “You keep in PERFECT PEACE all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.” He is the epitome of strength, our rock. He also says, ladies, in James 1:3,4, “For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, NEEDING NOTHING.” 
The Bible is peppered with verses that are just…GEMS… waiting to be discovered and rediscovered when you need them. And Jesus knows when you need them. He says in Matthew 6:34, “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring it’s own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.” As women, we worry. I am slowly learning how to really GIVE everything to Jesus, and take His yoke instead. But he just keeps on; Philippians 4:6,7 could be one of my favorite, sum-it-up, you-should-have-no-buts-left, verse. It says, “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
Basically, Jesus is like, “Don’t worry baby. I got this. You just tell me what you need, and I’ll take care of you. I LOVE YOU!” Wow. AND, not only will He take care of us, but He already knows what we need! There is not a man on the planet that could EVER provide THIS kind of security. EVER. Ya, it is hard sometimes to grasp, and I do have to remind myself every day that He is ALL I need, but thank you Jesus for being persistent! I am also a stubborn woman. And Jesus is the first man ever that hasn’t, and won’t ever give up on me. He is ALWAYS glad to see me. He ALWAYS thinks I’m pretty. And He ALWAYS wants to hear from me. THAT, is real security. THAT, is love. What more could a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment