Monday, August 29, 2011

To blog or not to blog?

As I stated somewhere else on here, I am new to blogging. There are a couple blogs that I really enjoy reading, like http://brantleyjohnson.wordpress.com/ and http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristianslike/, and as I was playing around with this thing to put them into a neat little list so I could follow them more easily, I started to search for more people that inspire me who I also follow on Twitter. Big surprise, several of them have blogs, YAY! I am in for a treat. 


However, as I was reading through some of these blogs, and went back and re read my first post that I wrote yesterday, I had two thoughts.


(1) Well duh, Jesus is our ultimate security, how juvenile of me to ramble on about it, and
(2) Who could possibly benefit from me blogging?


So, I started to think about everything I could write about and everything I want to write about and my brain was just bouncing all over the place so I decided I needed to have my quiet time. The book I'm reading now for my studies is the same one we are doing in my Journey Group, and tonight, I am on a chapter we have already covered. The chapter deals with "A Doubtful and Unbelieving Mind" and Joyce Meyer wrote the book and she is wonderful so shout out to her!


Anyway, as I was reading, I was having a VERY hard time focusing because I was thinking of so many things to write about and then it occurred to me that the wise people's blogs I follow probably won't read this. Who will read this? If anyone? My friends. Some of my friends are in bad situations; bad marriages, negative mindsets, financial problems (who doesn't have those though, really?), etc. Then it also occurred to me that these friends of mine have seen me walk with Christ, have seen me fall away from Him, and have seen me find my way back to Him. They see a change. They may judge me, but THANK GOD, that doesn't matter. At the end of it all, their judgement is not what is important (sorry guys!).


As I kept reading, 1 Corinthians 1:27 came up:
27 Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.


Oh yeah! Way to tell me Jesus! MAN He is good! So ok, maybe God does want me to blog. Wow, how presumptuous of me to think that! Then the verse Philippians 2:13 came to me:
13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.


Ha! Ok God! You got me again! I said in my little "About Me" section that my hope for this blog is that it will bring glory to God. Maybe my self-perceived 'juvenile' post will minister to a juvenile. WELL, Romans 8:28:
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together[a] for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.


One of the other things I was worrying about was whether or not I was saying "I" too much, and whether or not He could be heard through my big mouth. Then in my book, right after the first verse, was 1 Samuel 16:7:
7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”




He looks at the heart. Praise Jesus, He looks at the heart. Let that sink in. It just makes my heart happy. Looking at all this now, it looks like I was having a conversation with Jesus. He's got all the answers. Daggum He is good.




With all that being said, I'm gonna keep blogging. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment