Friday, September 16, 2011

This makes me VERY angry.

I woke up this morning, in a fantastic mood, with intentions on having my quiet time with the Lord. However, for some reason, I feel He put this on my heart, so much so that I couldn't focus for my quiet time.

A few weeks ago, a friend told me a story. He met this woman, who took her clothes off for a living, Bless her Lord. She had a gay best friend-male. This woman's life was already...tragic really, her husband had basically died in her arms after she had watched him wither away due to leukemia. Her best friend was really all she had left in the world- according to her. A time after that, the best friend found out he had AIDS. He had been hurt in past relationships and basically screwed over, so one day, he called 911 and told them they needed to send an ambulance and coroner because after he hung up the phone he was going to kill himself. And he did.

I heard this story from my friend, and he said to me, "This is the first time I've felt sorry for someone that has taken their own life." I was upset to hear it at first, very much so, and prayed about it. But the next day, I could NOT get the woman or the man out of my mind, a lot like this morning. I called my best friend to have her pray with me, and I WEPT.

It BROKE MY HEART.

Yes, it is a tragic story, but one of the reasons I was and am so affected by it is because I thought to myself, the man probably came into contact with a "Christian" or perhaps even several, that were hateful and judgmental to him for being gay.

THIS IS NOT OK!

I've got news for you "Christians".

WE. ARE. ALL. SINNERS!!!

Lying is the same SIN as any sexual act outside the covenant of marriage, whether it be homosexual or not.

Romans 1:18 says,
18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.


It doesn't say, SOME sinful people, it says ALL SINFUL, WICKED PEOPLE.

WAKE UP! 

Paul goes on to address homosexuality and says in Romans 1:26, 27
26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

Almost directly after this, Romans 2:1-3 says,
1 You may think you can condemn such people, but you are just as bad, and you have no excuse! When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are condemning yourself, for you who judge others do these very same things. 2 And we know that God, in his justice, will punish anyone who does such things. 3 Since you judge others for doing these things, why do you think you can avoid God’s judgment when you do the same things?

Did you catch that? YOU ARE JUST AS BAD, AND YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE!

SHAME ON YOU WHO PERSECUTE GAY MEN AND WOMEN!

"why do you think you can avoid God’s judgment when you do the same things?" - SIN. IT'S ALL THE SAME!

This makes me so stinkin angry. Even as I write this. Yes, I do think it is wrong. Do I have the right to go around, being a jerk to them? NO!

MAY I REMIND YOU "CHRISTIANS", that we are called to LOVE EVERYONE. Even people that aren't Christians know that that is what we are supposed to be doing! Hypocrite! If you are reading your Bible AT ALL, you KNOW you are called to love others! PICK A VERSE! How about 1 John 3:23?

23 And this is his commandment: We must believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as he commanded us.

I know this anger I have about this is righteous, and warranted. We are COMMANDED to love one another, in case you forgot.

Even after verse 3 in chapter 2 of Romans, we see what kind of a God that the Lord is
Romans 2:4
4 Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?

I have to calm down.

Brothers and Sisters, WAKE UP! Jesus didn't just die for our sins, He bore the weight of THE WORLD'S SINS. We do not get to pick and choose! AND MAY I REMIND YOU, the types of people JESUS hung out with? He hung out with the most hated people in society in His day. You already know this. So please understand, I say this in love: Stop being a jerk or acting weird anytime you meet someone with an "alternative" lifestyle. It is NOT YOUR PLACE TO JUDGE THEM.

I could go on and on about this. But I'm gonna wrap this up and say this; Yes, it may be wrong, but if you call yourself a Christian, understand that God will deal with them, just as He will deal with you and me.

LET GOD HANDLE IT, AND DO AS YOU ARE TOLD: LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment