Saturday, September 3, 2011

Words to describe my lack of words.

I have been house sitting for some friends and the internet is spotty so that's why I haven't posted in...what? ...2 days? I say this like I have so many followers, ha!

I do have tons o' ideas that I still want to blog about, but this morning I just wanted to TRY to share the Glory of God. I sit in awe of Him. In fact I can't even think about how big He is because the fact that can't even fathom it is just....*insert a word with more depth than incredible*


Psalm 19

1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God.

The skies display his craftsmanship.
2 Day after day they continue to speak;
night after night they make him known.
3 They speak without a sound or word;
their voice is never heard.[a]
4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,
and their words to all the world.

God has made a home in the heavens for the sun.
5 It bursts forth like a radiant bridegroom after his wedding.
It rejoices like a great athlete eager to run the race.
6 The sun rises at one end of the heavens
and follows its course to the other end.
Nothing can hide from its heat.

7 The instructions of the Lord are perfect,
reviving the soul.
The decrees of the Lord are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
8 The commandments of the Lord are right,
bringing joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are clear,
giving insight for living.
9 Reverence for the Lord is pure,
lasting forever.
The laws of the Lord are true;
each one is fair.
10 They are more desirable than gold,
even the finest gold.
They are sweeter than honey,
even honey dripping from the comb.
11 They are a warning to your servant,
a great reward for those who obey them.

12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
Don’t let them control me.
Then I will be free of guilt
and innocent of great sin.

14 May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.


Even if we don't even think about His love, the Cross, or what He's done for us for a moment and just take in CREATION...I just shake my head in awe. When you're done reading this, or at some point today, go look at the sky. "The skies display his craftsmanship." 

Honestly, I think it's no wonder that people, including myself, have the audacity to think only about themselves...because we can understand ourselves- for the most part....and God...well.

Just wow. When you really can take in His creation, and His glory....there are no words. There are NO WORDS to describe His majesty.

And THEN if I remember He sent His son to die so that I could be with Him? Wow. No I can't even go there right now. It's too much for my feeble mind to understand.

Just go sit outside and be with Him. You are His creation, in His creation, in His creation, in His creation. Let that sink in. Be overwhelmed. Really I think it's the very least we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment